View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #13
rubynrosie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apang29 View Post
9 months ago I received a call about a beautiful Yorkie that had been dumped and moved between 5 homes in a short period of time. There really was no more room at the Inn, but I found it difficult to turn away such a gorgeous little one that had been so rejected. Jasper spent his first month alone in a room except to go outside. Little by little he became part of the pack, keeping careful watch over Tiny. Fate was not kind to Jasper. Over the past 2 months it was clear he had cancerous growths. Over the past 2 weeks he was in steady decline. Today, I just could not bear to watch my little friend fade away any more. This morning he was his sweet, loving self. But, it was clear this little stars light was getting very dim.

I just returned from sending my friend to a peaceful place with no more pain. I am happy for him, but sad for myself. I simply will miss my little friend. In his passing, our gift to him is... He has a family that will miss him, cry because he is gone, and will be waiting for his spirit to find its way back home... He finally has the love that eluded him for so long. My only regret is that I did not find him sooner. We love you Jasper.
What a beautiful tribute to Jasper...what a lucky dog to have owned such loving and caring humans!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!