View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Have you ever had other dogs over to your home? That would be the first thing I would check out. Your dog has been an only dog for 5 years so it is not as though there is no chance of her having an issue with a new comer. Bring another dog to the house and see how she is. Does she want to play with the dog or does she want to bite and snarl?

If she has a bad reaction then proceed with caution. The description you gave of Becca sounds much like many small dogs. They have their territory and they tend to claim all possessions. My Gracie is very good at taking all the catnip toys and putting them into her toy collection. She hates it when anyone pets the cats instead of her. Yes, her little world is very me centered but she is just so loveable! Most of them have the mentality of a 2 or 3 year old anyway.

I once had to re home a dog that we got as a puppy because she decided she wanted to rule the roost and badly dominated my male who was 7 years old at the time. He had accepted her very well and she was very mean to him. You just cannot predict things like this. It was a very upsetting experience so I hope you check out all aspects of getting a new puppy.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!