View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
lizzie1955
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Thinking About Getting a Second Yorkie: Need Advice

I have a wonderful 5-year-old Yorkie baby named Becca. She is smart, loving, affectionate, playful...everything you could want from a pup. That said, Becca has one flaw. To be blunt, she is, bar none, the most selfish little dog I have ever come across. So long as it is all for and about Becca, all the time, everything is fine. If I pick up the cat, she will scream and cry hysterically. If he goes near her toy, even if she doesn't want it she runs over and takes from him. Fortunately, he is a big old docile Ragdoll cat who lets her get away with it.

A breeder I've known for years has a puppy that I want very badly. I'm just afraid that Becca is not going to be so willing to share her mommy, her home, her anything with anybody and that it won't be a very good decision.

I have always been in a multiple dog family and it has never been an issue before, I'm just afraid that this one is meant to be an only child.

I need to let the breeder know tomorrow.

I hope all of this makes some sense. I'm just very nervous about this and would love some feedback.

Thanks!
lizzie1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!