View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Cassie84
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Luxating Patella-Surgery???

Hi there,
My little man Rolfie is just over 2 and weighs 1.5 kilos... I took him to the vet tonight for his booster and as the vet was checking him over he diagnosed him with a level 2 Luxating Patella on one side.
It doesn't seem to be causing him any discomfort but the vet described the effects it could have at a later date... He said they can operate and the earlier its done the more successful it's likely to be as the cartilage will be in better condition as once that's worn away its gone. I've read threads but most of them say their dogs are limping or showing signs of discomfort... Rolfie isn't, and reading the reports saying that their digs were worse after the op put me off as he's ok at the moment!
People are suggesting glucosamine... I'm really unsure whether to do that or go for the surgery while he's young and before it gets too bad??
Another worry is when he was castrated he was a sorry little sight after the anaesthetic!! The vets even rang us up in the eve to check how he was... Just worries me putting him under unnecessarily!! Sorry to ramble!!!
Thanking you in advance for your response!!
Cassie xx
Cassie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!