View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Sweet Little Cassie is at Rainbow Bridge

I had to have Cassie put to sleep a little while ago and I am devastated. She would have been 14 next month but we just couldn't make her hold on any longer. Cassie came to us as a little 6-week ball of flea filled fur. She had been removed from a puppy mill and we said we would take her for a while. She was so shy and fearful we didn't have the heart to let her go so we adopted her. She never did like to deal with strangers and would stick close to one of us if we had company. She did learn to love her groomer who claimed she was her favorite dog. Cassie mothered every little or big dog that came into the house. She ruled by putting her little paw on a puppy's back and calmed them down. It worked every time. The only time she ever bit anyone was when she couldn't get our adolescent german shepherd to stop teasing her. She latched on to his lip and he ended up carrying her across the room that way. He never repeated that habit. I think it was her influence that made him so gentle and caring for the little ones. (You remember Ivan the gentle giant.) I've posted about Cassie's battle with glaucoma and vestibular disease so I won't say any more about it. I just want everyone to know that there is a very happy German Shepherd at rainbow bridge right now. His Cassie has finally come to join him.

Have fun my sweet little furball and enjoy being able to see and hear without difficulty. Give Ivan a kiss from Mommy and wait for me there with the rest of my bunch. I love you and will never ever forget your sweet little face and happy little kisses.

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!