Thread: Licking Paws
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
coolcowsmoo
Senior Yorkie Talker

He did mention a yeast infection from damp paws during these winter months as another possibility. I do dry his paws when he comes in and such, but if he is licking them they get wet.

I had read on here somewhere that many use Bag Balm for cracked and irritated paws, so I have been applying that every day, however, if it is a yeast infection perhaps that would be keeping it too moist?

I just wasn't sure about the wipes and what was in them, but it does say antifungal so perhaps I will give them a try for a week or so and see if it doesn't help.

As I said, I don't know much about allergies. It just seemed odd to me that he just started licking right after grooming and before that did'nt seem to have any other problems. I've been feeding him Blue Buffalo Puppy up until October and then Grain Free for Small Breeds since October. I give him a couple slices of banana a day and sometimes a few chopped up pieces of apple and some Zukes treats daily but all that has also been the same for quite some time and this problem just started.
coolcowsmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!