Thread: Satin Balls
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko1125 View Post
Thank you, I misunderstood the calcium intake thing. So puppy food is safe for pregnant dogs but you shouldn't give them calcium supplements till after the puppies are born. We thought that she was too far along to be spayed. But she has an appointment with the vet this week.

I'd like to breed my Yorkie at some point she's past two but I want her to have some obedience titles before I do so. I also need to have my vet do an exam on her and research a little more into breeding. I'd like to become a professional Yorkie breeder in the future to better the breed.

Will schedule feeding get our dogs to eat more? Both my sister and I leave the food down at all times and my dog doesn't eat much. My sisters dog scarfs food, but that's probably because she found her.
If you are planning on breeding, I believe that confirmation trials are much more important than obedience trials. You pass along to the puppy physical traits, not obtained knowledge from training. It's great that you are researching, we have a couple of threads in the library. Breeding and Breed-Specific Library - YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community Read the "Guide to finding a reputable breeder" also, it will help you learn how to be a reputable breeder.

Join today and remove this ad!