View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #13
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wengaroni View Post
Thanks! She's had a history of small GI problems, including colitis (or so the vet says). I'm just worried I'm missing something because there isn't any blood and she's not vomiting and she's not lethargic. In the back of my head I keep thinking that I might be overreacting and really she just needs to clean out her tummy, but I want to make sure. I will keep you posted.

My Ralphie came to me with a history of GI problems as well. His previous owner had so many problems and he not only got the soft stools anddiarrhea, but it was obvious he had a tummy ache, and did lots of pacing. Her vet gave her Metronidalzole 20 MG chewable. It's for irritable bowel disease, and it’s been a real lifesaver. It works within a half hour and he’s back to normal. Food, such as a green bean can cause it, or sometimes stress. When I first got him he was having weekly problems, now he hasn’t had a problem in months, but I still want a fresh prescription of Metronidalzole on hand, just in case. You might want to ask your vet about it, it has to be compounded.

Join today and remove this ad!