View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
MelissaStiffler
Yorkie Yakker

Sad 12 Week old Yorkie not doing so well after first set of shots.

I just got my yorkie almost a week ago, and today was his first appointment to see our vet, he got his first set of shots today and done great for the first few hours. We had left for a couple of hours today to go out to dinner and when we returned home we noticed that Benny wasn't as hyper as he usually is once we get home. We keep him in a cage when we are gone or a sleep, so he usually runs back and forth in it barking wanting out, however tonight wasn't the case at all.

I got him out of his cage and when I called his name he wouldn't respond but his eyes was opened, I set him down on the floor to see if he would walk or anything but he just stood there, so I picked him back up and he was shaking like he was cold.

I ended up calling the vet and he said that it is normal for a dog to get sick after his shot, and said not to worry about it too much that it's normal, however he said that he should be pretty much back to himself by tomorrow, and said to watch where he received his shot to make sure it doesn't swell that it would be an allergic reaction.

I was wanting to hear if anyone here has ever had a dog be this way after their shot, and how long it takes before it goes away?

He also has another round of shots in 3 weeks plus his rabbies shot, will he be this way again after the next set?

Last edited by MelissaStiffler; 02-22-2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Wrong word
MelissaStiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!