View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
samjane
Yorkie Talker

Ann,

My mom said that he has never been diagnosed with a thyroid issue but that she wouldn't be surprised. She became overwhelmed by some of the questions I asked when I spoke with her this afternoon and I wasn't even working from your list directly. I was asking about his eating patterns today and his behavior in general.

She mentioned that he did not finish his breakfast this morning. He left half or maybe a little bit less than half. He did the same thing yesterday and it's unlike him. She said today he slept a lot. While I was on the phone she broke up a Milkbone cookie for him. He used to break them up himself but Mom does it for him now to make the chewing easier. She set it down in front of him and he sniffed it and walked away. That, to me, is a massive red flag. He lives for the Milkbones.

I am getting the sense that he may not have much time left. Mom says his breathing patterns haven't changed but I told her to look out for that since I have done some reading and it has been mentioned as a major sign of the end (if I'm wrong, please let me know).

I will be looking at flights tonight and booking something for early this coming week. I need to see him and give him whatever love he's willing to accept at this point. He doesn't like being touched a lot because of his skin condition but he might make an acception for me a few times. I just want him to smell me again and feel me there. I also want to be there for my mom to talk about the reality of the situation. Perhaps we will take him to the vet together but I'm not sure how openminded she would be about that.

I don't know how close he is to the end but I really hope to make it back in time to bestow some love upon him. I'm getting over a cold and I'm wondering if I'll be good to fly by Tuesday evening. That would be ideal.

Thank you again. Let me know if any of the new info I shared strikes you in any way. And please say hi to Wylie for me. What a lucky pup to have a mom so loving and educated.
samjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!