View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 06:31 AM   #11
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Sheryl, you're absolutely right about communication ... and it has to be communicated every time with some groomers! This particular groomer and I had discussed Toto's nose and I told her not to shave it ... I wanted to discuss these things with our breeder and vet who both show their Yorkies! The next time Toto went to the groomer I was busy so my husband took her and as soon as he started home with her he called me ... he said "you're gonna be mad" and I almost fainted!! Not only did she shave her little nose ... she shaved her little private parts and Toto was already itching and scratching when she came in the door!! I bathed her myself the next day! I took her to Dr. Lucy that next week and she was mad ... had to pull clumps of hair out of her ears and her little anal gland had not been expressed!! Mad? ... noooo I wasn't mad ... I was furious!! I would have been forgiving had the nose shaving not already been discussed! I'm so thankful that I learned later that our vet will groom her so I know everything will be done properly!!
If you brush Shatzie every day perhaps that will encourage growth? Also, we were told to get a mister bottle that sprays a fine mist and to use that with conditioner/water diluted half and half. This reduces breakage of the coat ... I always use this when I brush Toto and I also use a good "human" boar bristle brush [round] and it works beautifully!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!