View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Ldyrev1
Princess Sophie's Choice
Donating Member

Your poor baby. Tbh all I have learned about food quality has come from the web site. Some have encouraged me to google different foods and look at the ingredients. I can't say that the dog food you have been using caused this condition as I am no scientist however, I have seen people on this site share the results of putting their dogs on a higher quality food. I'm sure your pups would do better on something else. Don't beat yourself up about this, you didn't know but now that you understand you can make better choices for your pups.

Is it Canine Caviar that you switched your pup to? If so, that is a highly recommended brand and several on this site recommended it. The CC puppy food is what I put Princess Sophie on the day she came to us at 8 weeks old. We transfered her over a little at a time but now at 11 weeks old, that's what she eats with a supplement of wet food to encourage her to eat more (last weigh in she was at just under 2 lbs.

If it isn't CC that you are now feeding, you want to check the ingredients very carefully and there is a sticky in the section titled "Yorkie Health & Diet". There you can check what different brands of food are higher quality and recommended.

Don't be afraid to cruise this site to see where you can find answers to questions you may have and there are others here who will be able to offer you advice, better than mine. Good luck and I will keep your pup in my prayers. Please let us know how things go. Blessings!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!