Thread: Bitting Badly
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 08:50 PM   #7
chloeandj
Tinkerbell, My Little Flutterpup
Donating Member

So that she knows that you are serious about not playing so rough and biting so hard, maybe you should try a squirt gun. I have not done this myself but have heard others that use a squirt gun on behavior they want to stop. It would atleast suprise her and give you enough time to say no. If she still didn't stop, maybe the next step would be a short time out. My Tinkerbell can get a little nippy when excited to. It seems to gradually be getting better. If she doesn't listen I totally ignore her and won't play with her at all until she is calm.

Just an idea on potty training, maybe you could make her area a little smaller during the day so that she HAS to hit the pad when she has to go. Also are you taking her outside on a leash or is she just able to roam around and smell the flowers and not be too focused on the job at hand? If not you might want to try that. And then when she does go pee then let her off the leash to have some play time outside. I use an outside pen with mine, we would go in there and I would tell her to potty. And I wouldn't let her out until she would go, then I would let her out and let her play and snoop around a while. Now if she's doddling around outside and I want her to hurry up I put her in her pen and she goes immediately.

Hope things get better soon! Don't get discouraged yet.
chloeandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!