Thread: Toby is sick
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

we just got back from the vet.... i told him the story and he said yes he probably had a reaction from that, and that my guess of him being affected physically could be correct. , anything with that sort of stuff would have been acute and had been noticable RIGHT AWAY (he woudl have gotten REALLY SICK the same day he was exposed if there is any danger). . . we had the vet check his ears and there wasnothing in there, no inflamation.. completely clean.... he kept saying all the things i was describing are "behavioral" which kinda pissed me off, because if it was behavioral it would be NORMAL, which is not the way he is acting. . . His temp was a little elivated so i think it is just itchy skin and a cold. . . The vet asked about any other thigns toby was allergic to and i said yes FLEA medication/shampoo, so he said dont use that (duh) and he said use the oatmeal shampoo (which gives him a rash as well) so i think i am just going to use his old puppy shampoo, we have never had any problems with that stuff before. Also he said that if toby's skin continues to be itchy than i should only give him a bath once a MONTH... i dont know about the rest of you, but i cant stand his smell after not having a bath in one WEEK let alone a MONTH. . . So i dont care what the vet says, i am just going to keep doing what i am doing. I will use the puppy shampoo (which he hasnt had a problem with) and i will give him a small dose of childrens cold medicine to help his temp, and love him lots....
(i dont want anyone to think that i dont value the vets opinion, because i do... but he was not our normal vet (he was in the same office but because it was short notice we went in to see anyone possible) also, toby is my baby and i know when something is not normal, the only thing the vet found was an elevated temp, but otherwise he was given a clean bill of health. I talked to the vet we usually see and he agreed with my actions on both the medicine and the shampoo, so no criticism please )
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!