View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #64
Kamilla
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Walking with the stars

I first want to say thanks to each and one of you, thanks for your support and prayers.

Im sad to tell you that Billys story is getting to its end. Later this day he will be walking with the stars.

Many things had happend this last 24 hours. He jumped off the chair and broke his left front leg, and the vets arent sure he would survive the surgery.
I have been in great denial about the liver shunt, but I have seen the signs even though i just didnt want to admit it. He was doing better on meds and the vet sees unnormal bloodflow on the ultrasound. I value life wery high and with that opinion there also comes responsibility to end life if it cant be without pain and suffering. We cant do a surgery on his broken leg now and having him on rehabilitation for two months, just to get a 100% answer on the liver shunt and maybe have to put him asleep in 3 months. We had to make a decision now. He has the signs of liver shunt and a broken leg, we cant let him suffer any more and we have to set him free so he could walk with the stars.

In winter, when the stars are shining bright, i would look up and think of this precious little dog. I choose this because i love my dog.

My tears are running while im writing, but i know in my heart that ive taken the right decision.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!