View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Oh...so much to consider....

My kids are 22 (daughter) & 20 (son) and are both away at college on the other side of the state. Because I have ZoE & like to visit them, this year they both chose to live in places that small pets are allowed, that way I can go visit for a weekend & take ZoE with me & it's not an issue, and I don't have to sneak her or worry about her barking

Do you already know the roomates you'll be living with or are you going in blind? Sometimes roomies don't want pets, or have severe allergies/asthma and that can cause a problem, so that might influence your decision.

Also, are you all about school or do you have an active social life? I'd assume that if this is your first experience away at college, you'd want to experience all that college life has to offer, which means, you wouldn't just be gone during the day at classes, but that you'd also be out & about alot during evenings & weekends, too.

Maybe you could find a place to live that allows small pets, but then leave Henri at home until you get settled in & see how your schedule is, and how much time you actually would have to hang out with your pup in your new home. You could always bring him at a later date to live with you, or you could chose to leave him at home with your parents, but still bring him to stay with you for an occasional week if you happen to have a time where your schedule is lighter (a week with no exams, major projects, etc.)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!