View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
I wouldn't let walk on any strange turf other than her own for a long time. I had a dog that was over a year old and had her Parvo booster, but yet she still got a case of parvo. She was very sick, but pulled through. You can even pick up the parvo virus on your shoes and track it into the home. Taking shoes off outside or in the entry way, then putting on house shoes is the way to be safe anyway, but it's often difficult getting friends or guest to do the same. We do the best we can.

All those strange dogs walking all over PetCo or PetSmart, possibly shedding parvo virus everywhere....dont let your baby walk on the floor in PetCo, PetSmart, behind all those dogs! And dont put her down on the floor at the vet office....all those sick dogs walking around...carry her or put her in a crate. And I wouldnt let her "visit" with dogs you dont know what kind of environment they live in...these babies are like kids...they all want to do a whole bnch of stuff that isnt good for them...we have to "serve and protect"....
As far as parvo coming into your house on shoes.......OMG!!! I have done hand to hand combat with Mr.Parvo, ....brought into my home on the shoes/clothes of people coming to look at puppies. THAT almost wiped me out and killed oflitter of babies....that is why I stopped allowing people into my home to look at babies....I have loosened up just a tiny bit and after going thru proceedures that would impress a haz-mat team, my new owners can come into a front room, and see their puppy AFTER that baby has had 2 of the vaccinations from the puppy series....additionally, mine all get NeoPar at 3 weeks of age. But yes, Parvo is vicious and highly contageous....be afraid, be very afraid!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 02-19-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!