View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Sad long hair battle

I just finished the weekly grooming fight. I am getting so tired of this little bugger fighting me during the blow dry. If I had a holder for the blowdryer so I could use both hands to brush him, I think it would be better. I have taken suggestions and tried drying him on the bathroom counter instead of chasing him around the bed, but he acts like he is ready to jump off and he would surely break a leg or worse, so we went back to drying on the bed. I am close to getting his hair cut. Short of actually buying a grooming table-which I am seriously considering-any suggestions on how to get him to stand still? He doesn't realize all his wallowing around trying to get away from the brush is what causes his hair to tangle and causes worse pulling. His hair is very silky and really doesn't knot or tangle badly and I condition him well, but there are always a few tangles, obviously. I really like the way he looks and I have never cut him short in 4 years, but either he is getting worse or my patience is getting less (or both).
These were immediately after his bath today...and he still looks a little ratty since I can't seem to get him completely dry anymore due to the battle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hair too long(1).jpg (78.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Still raggedy after bath(1).jpg (91.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Long hair(1).jpg (72.1 KB, 50 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!