Thread: Maxwell Gumdrop
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
Candy5198
Senior Yorkie Talker

I knew that yorkies change colors, its the way its changing that was the issue. The tips of his fur mainly on his head are black and the roots are grey. Which makes it even stranger if the puppy coat is supposed to fall out for the silky coat to grow in. Stranger still when I do brush him he doesn't really seem to have tangles. I've just been keeping at it on account of getting him accustomed to it. So when half his fur came out in clumps it was quite shocking. He didn't seem to even notice but i did!
I plan on keeping him short one coat or the other. I just love the way he looks right now and really wish i could freeze him. I see alot of photos of shaved and taped ears and I couldn't really determine if it is neccessary or preference. I am assuming based on your reply that it is preference and no harm will be done if I just hang on to all his baby curls ;o).
I have been reading all over and can't figure out how the whole change is supposed to go... lol I guess each puppy is a suprise process.
Candy5198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!