View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

My Jilly was only a tad over 3 lbs. when grown, having been born a runt, and was quite fragile. She had several size-related medical problems so I feared anesthesia but finally, having heard of a spate of cancer in friend's intact females, I had her spayed and she did fine and lived to age 13, never having had that dreaded disease. She also did not have to put up with further bouts of estrus and her almost obsessive cleaning herself for the duration. She hated wearing the bitch britches, too. Even though I had no other dogs, I feared she might one day escape during a heat and, in spite of her tiny size, become pregnant, so that fear, too, was gone. It is a judgment call each female dog owner has to make for themselves. You can Google all of the pro's and con's of spaying and hear the stories of those here and elsewhere and do what we all do, make the decision for your girl that seems the best one based on all the facts and risks each way. That's what we all did. It is never an easy decision.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!