View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
Belle Noir
YT Addict

I understand your dilemma. It's scary to think what to do if another dog goes after your little dog, while you're walking both. I had the same issue when I had Horse, an 85 lb pit bull and his pet rat Tiny, a 3 lb chihuahua.
Horse would not walk without Tiny, and Tiny would not walk without Horse. So every day there was that worry, what if today is the day one of these punks decided to test Horse and let one of their dogs loose on him? What if today is the day that some stray decides to go after Tiny?
It never happened, but the thought was always there.

I have been looking at livestock guardian breeds, because I expect I shall need something to keep the weasels out of the rabbits, the foxes out of the chickens and the coyotes/stray dogs out of the goats.
But I have a confession.. I don't think I have it in me to BE a LSG owner, since they're supposed to stay out there with the livestock, and I like having my dogs in the house, lol.
But the same thing would go, since you imprint your LSG on all your animals, especially your other dogs, since you don't want your LSG getting upset when your housedogs take a sniff at the rabbits and deciding to eat the house dog... and at 120 plus lbs, Pixie at barely 4 lbs is only a nibble, lol.
I actually saw my very first BRT in person. VERY nice, VERY personable dog. VERY VERY large, lol. The lady had gotten hers from Russia, actually and she told me that they are little dogs in a big dog body.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!