View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
maggiesmom_2007
YT 1000 Club Member

So far everyone has been right on the money. When I look at a pup from my own breeding I start off with a book and DVD called the puppy puzzle by Pat Hastings. Also another book that has great info and it shows what a good structure is supposed to look like on any puppy. It's called Tricks of the trade, also by Pat Hastings. My main concern when looking at any pup whether it's of my own breeding or not is the overall structure. Nice front and rear, Height proportionate with length. Nice tailset, straight topline, feet pointed straight. Not toeing in or out. Earset. Bite, eyes, I don't want them too far apart or to close, Muzzle not to long or to short. If all that looks good then we wait and see how the bite develops and coat. If it's a male we wait and see if both testicles drop. Another important factor for me is temperament. I like a pup with attitude but not so much attitude that you are fighting to get through training. I think an even keel on Attitude and wanting to please is important especially in the show ring.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!