View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
TysonBeau
Yorkie Talker

Awww thanks.... found out today he seems to walk ok-ish if walking alongside a wall or fence and me on the other side, as though he feels secure walking with something/someone either side of him (which when I think about it is what he does at home, because there is always something close by on the other side of where I'm walking) then as soon as we reach an opening, like crossing a road or a pathway where, although grass on either side, is open, he'll just stop dead and lie down...

I've had dogs all my life and from pups and this is the first time I've encountered this reaction... but I love him so very much and want that he enjoys his lil life to the fullest, so obviously I'll persevere for his sake as much as mine... he's such a joy... and even when lying down looking up at me like saying "please pick me up" I melt ... hehe!!! I loved walking my other dogs, so we'll definitely get there eventually...

Just seen your post too Jacksmom and wanted to add that he travels in my car beautifully... has been out for walks albeit not ground level since 8 weeks old so has no problem with outside noises, in fact perks up at the sound of birds and other dogs barking... loves my two cats too! but I get what you say about everything seeming so unfamiliar down at his level... bless him!

Last edited by TysonBeau; 02-15-2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: additional info received
TysonBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!