View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbruce1 View Post
Ok we got our new puppy exactly a week ago, he is 14 weeks old today. He was just fine until today. He is kind of skittish around the kids and hubby but loves me. He was just starting to really warm up to everyone and show people other than me attention. Now all of a sudden he is growling at my youngest son(15 months). No the baby and puppy are never ever alone together and if interaction occurs I am always and have always been directly inbetween them so my son can not get rough or accidentally hurt the puppy. And the dog is not a super small puppy he is a well built 6 pound dog. Suddenly today he chooses to start barking/growling at him though. Once he was just trying to stand up. It is never when the child actually has contact with him always when he is back a little ways. Anyone have any suggestions, because though we love our dog if I can not resolve this issue the dog will have to go because my kids come first ALWAYS. Help me please!!!
He is 14 weeks old, he is playing, he is scared one or both...have him sit on your childs lap on the sofa and give him treats etc., I think everyone is a little excited and not use to the whole puppy thing. Take him to Pet Smart Puppy school and bring the whole family...please don't give up on him just yet...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!