Thread: Toby is sick
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Toby is sick

Toby has been acting funny this last week. I noticed last sunday that he had an allergic reaction to something, there were red blistery looking welts on his tummy...... well it spread so i gave him a little something for it and it has disapated, but he is still acting funny. we are taking him to the vet tomarrow morning to get him checked out
His stools are fine, normal
He is shaking his head like his ears are bothering him, but they are totally clean, no mites, no odor, and no pain or sensitivity when i touch them or massage them
He has his tail down when he walks which isnt normal and he stays close and at odd intervals just SITS, like he is uncomfortable and he just sits down (now remember, he has normal stools...) so could he just be itchy even though that rash allergic reaction went away?
Also, i tried the soothing anti itch oatmeal shampoo but it didnt work, it had no effect on him at all
He isnt as interested in play anymore. . . we met one of his friends "skunky" outside one day and he would play like normal, he just came to my side and sat down to wait while skunky's owner and i talked.
Oh, and when we would go outside he would start to shake as if he is cold, but it is fine outside (which leads me to believe that he is sick)
And he is extra cuddly, he likes to just sit with me (which is normal, but hes usually not this clingy... does that make sense) example: i left the house, btu my fiance was still here and he had a $**t fit, barking.... he hasnt done that since he was a PUPPY
So anyways, we are going to the vet tomarrow, but his symptoms are really wierd.... has anyone elses yorkie acted in this strange manner when they are sick??????
I have an idea of where the alelrgic reaction came from, my mom came home to see that the gardeners they hired were SPRAYING PLANT KILLER on the morning glorys in their hard (which line the fence, the gardeners were told to CUT THEM BACK, but they just sprayed away) anyways, the dogs like to lay in the shady area by the fence, so i am thinking he got some of that weed stuff on his skin and had an allergic reaction, i dont think he could have ingested any of it though because he doesnt eat the plants out there, he was inside 95% of the time, and if it was on his skin, it wasnt for long because i gave him a bath IMMEDIATLY when i got home.
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!