View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
Mistymillar
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I hope you can manage Alfie with ther derm vet's help. It's hard when they have complicated allergies. I've been struggling for all (almost) 13 years with daisy. Maleseb and antibiotics and the rest are part of our supply cabinet. Daisy does best on a vegetarian home cooked diet, no added treats or flavored medications, Atopica daily and benedryl as needed. Even with all that, we have flares and challenges. Daisy has lives a long good life and I hope Alfie does too and with your commitment I know he'll have the best shot!
Thank you for your support, sorry your poor Daisy has had such issues (Alfie's Mom is called Daisy) maybe you could help me a little with bath time?
So One of Alfie's most irritated areas is his muzzle, should I try and apply there but if I do I don't think I could stop him licking? I think all Yorkies love to rub themselves all over when they are wet, how do you keep Daisy in one place for 10 minutes? I have wrapped Alfie in a towel but that I suppose defeats the purpose as this could be soaking all the goodness out. This is only day 2 of treatment (this time) tonight he was naked for a good 3 hours (apart from socks) which is the longest time in ages, although the steroids are probably blocking all his itch sensors.
Mistymillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!