View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Northwoods
Yorkie Talker

Default First Post New Yorkie 'Mom'

Hello...glad that I just found this Forum as I am new to the world of Yorkshire Terriers having adopted a 7 1/2 year old little girl two (2) months ago. It turns out that this is her 5th home! My Vet had called me knowing that I was looking to adopt another small dog and told me that a woman had brought her Yorkie in because she could not tale care of her any longer for various reasons.

I agreed to 'baby-sit' this little gal over the weekend and bring her back the following Tuesday. Well, all of you Yorkie lovers know what happens when you 'baby-sit' one of these precious fur babies. That quickly I became attached to her and I believe, she to me.

Right now, Ginger (that is the name she had been given and at her age, don't think that I should change it) is curled up next to me while I sit in a recliner. She is very affectionate and I am trying to get accustomed to such a small dog and her fondness for licking hands and legs. Do most or all Yorkies do this?

I had 20 and 25 pound dogs over the years and a 5 1/2 pound furbaby is so smell to me. I watch where I walk because she is so quiet and pops up behind me but she does back up and I've so far never come close to stepping on her! !lol

Anyway just wanted to introduce Ginger and myself to this community and hope to learn so much from you and your experiences with Yorkies. Thank you.
Northwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!