View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #10
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistymillar View Post
I am feeling really positive and it may be wishful thinking but I feel he is a lot less agitated tonight and much more comfortable. The derm was very direct about the possibility that We may be only able to manage the symptoms for him and may never find the cause, she did some Cytology testing and we should get results on Wednesday. She doesn't feel a full allergy bloodwork will be useful as this is usually only done on dogs who are at least 12 months.
I am so glad to read you had a good appt w/ the derm. I understand that feeling of relief after you finally go, bc that's how I felt after finally going. Aren't Vet Derms just amazing??? SO smart and so great at encapsulating all that you need to know, in a very succinct but specialized way.

So he isn't even 12 mths? How old is he again? That's fairly unique. Makes me wonder if he had something during puppyhood that sapped his immune system...like giardia, kennel cough, mites, severe vax reaction...or...something? Anything that involved the GI system?

Please keep us posted on the cyto results, I'd be interested to hear.

Did you guys discuss Atopica?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!