View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
tcyorkie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Here is another case for tube feeding this baby or it will not survive. There are puppy formulas you can mix up....MUCH better than the commercial canned milk....there are several listed here in the breeders section....I know what my formula delivers calorie wise....14-16 calories per cc....you need to tube feed that baby every 2 hours around the clock until you can get him turned around. He has to be kept warm, 90* ambient temperature, and the formula must be warmed. A cold puppy, fed cold formula, is a death sentence. PLEASE, get the vet to show you how to tube feed this baby so he has a fighting chance at survival. Then, YOU have complete control over how much and how often the baby is eating and you will see the improvment immediately, if there are no other health issues.
My formula, which I have used for years and have not lost a puppy for failure to thrive since:
8 oz Just Born with Colostrum
4 oz Pedialyte
1 raw egg yolk
1 cup Yogurt (with live cultures)
4 tblsp Dr.Millers Pet Nutra Drops (May substitute Karo syrup and Vi-Dalyn baby vitamins....I cant remember the amount, and I am late to a meeting!!! Check on the breeders forum....there are other formulas listed as well...any of them , ALL of them are MUCH better than ANY straight canned pet formula you can buy!) Good luck with your baby....you are going to have to tube feed this pup or it will not survive. It is easy and quick...you give 1cc/oz of body weight, every two hours around the clock, until the baby starts to gain weight...then you can go to every three hours for a week or so....then every 4 hours.....keep us posted.

Thank you for the recipe, I will need to use it now more because it seems like the mother is producing very little milk and has lost appetite. I have read through some of the breeders forums and have found to try feeding her a couple different thing, which i will, but I wanted to know if it is OK to give her goats milk, or scrambled eggs? With the scrambled eggs, do I give her both yolk and egg whites cooked? Or just one of the two.

Thank you for your help
tcyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!