Thread: New Champion
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
maggiesmom_2007
YT 1000 Club Member

Default New Champion

I have had this goal to get Abbie finished before we go back to the Detroit Kennel Club show. This is where last year I brought Abbie there to see how she would react to people seeing as how it was a benched show. Her coat was in not so good state and I had just spent 5 months building her confidence and showing her that not all people are mean and nasty. Cindy Mattoni is her Owner and Breeder and Abbie was a pup that was returned to her because she barked all the time and they couldn't handle her. Their answer was to crate her 24/7 with almost no people interaction. It was mainly the wife that did this to Abbie. So anyway Cindy tried giving her extra attention but Abbie was not receptive. Then I went over there one day to see her new litter and pick out my next show pup. When I first came in Abbie went and hid. She then came back in the room and got within arms reach and all I did was reach over and started rubbing her foot. Well 5 seconds of that and she flipped right over for a belly rub. Cindy started crying and asked me if I wanted to take her home and see if I could get her used to people again. I did and in March of 2012 we went to the show and it was like someone flipped a switch in her brain because I say she went from a wallflower to the Prom Queen that day. I took her to another show the next weekend to see if what we saw was true or just a fluke. Well when she took reserve I knew that I wanted to show her. So Cindy and I talked and we agreed to pull her out to grow coat on her. In June of 2012 it was time for her to go back in the ring. She got her first point so the next 2 shows no points but then in September her first Major and more points, October 2012 her second Major and more points, she was on a roll. I continued showing her and some shows she got points others no points but you could see she loves showing and she loves me. So I made a statement to Cindy that I wanted to get her finished to take her back to where it all started as a Champion. I am so very excited to say that that has become a reality. This past weekend I showed her in Indianapolis and she just needed 3 points to finish. Well Friday she got 2. Then Saturday she finished with a 3 point Major. and Sunday she recieved 2 points toward her Grand Champion title. A very good friend got a video of her on Saturday when she finished and I can tell you that as soon as the judged pointed to me I started crying. So Now Miss Abbie is CH Maitai's Take A Chance On Me.

015.JPG
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!