View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #11
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobohyde View Post
I think your kitchen sounds perfect, as long as it is puppy-proofed like you said. I leave the TV on for company since it is usually on when we are home anyway. The only problem was I would come home for lunch and catch Columbo watching soap operas. I had to have a talk with him about that. You could also set up a webcam to watch him on your computer if you want to keep an eye on him.

I think that would work, especially if it is draft-free and there is food to nibble on all day, fresh water in a non-tip bowl, and a soft cuddly place to sleep...which I am sure you already prepared. Something that smells like you in his bed would be nice for him as well. If your daughter can come and check on him, that would be great. He is young, and will probably still be sleeping a good part of the day, but the TV will provide 'human voices' and other background 'noise' so that hopefully every little sound will not be abrupt and startling/frightening to him in an otherwise quiet room. He will get used to the routine, especially if it is consistent.

I know how sad it is to leave them...my two know and always lay on my clothes, huge puppy eyes looking pathetic and sad, and they get lots of lovies that way.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!