Thread: Worms!!?!?!?!?!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
MyDearSam
YT 500 Club Member

Default Worms!!?!?!?!?!

On top of the food issues, or maybe this is the cause, but Sam has 'em! I can't figure out how. He hasn't been outside or anywhere away from home. I thought we were doing better. He was eating the Simply Nourish Chicken and Rice Stew, about half a cup a day.

On Thursday, I noticed he was doing the butt scoot boogie. I checked his bottom, and there was a small piece of poop stuck in the hair. I got that out, and didn't notice any more scooting.

On Friday, his poop was softer, but still formed, and had a tiny bit of mucus. Yesterday there was more mucus, and I thought I saw a worm, about 1/2 inch long. Today we had to go out for a while, and when we got home, he had some serious pudding poo! And of course he was excited to see us, so he tromped all through it.

I scooped him up and straight to the bathtub. There was a big gob of poo stuck to his butt. I had to use shampoo and my fingernails to work it out. There were several worms stuck in there. He's also barely eaten today, like less than a third cup of food.

HOW did he get them? His last fecal was clean. His next vet appointment is Friday, but I'm going to call first thing in the morning and see if I can go ahead and bring him in.

Sorry this is all over the place. The stress of worrying about my little guy is really starting to get to me big time.

Last edited by MyDearSam; 02-10-2013 at 06:15 PM.
MyDearSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!