Thread: Size prediction
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
pookybear
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilysmom View Post
Adult size is really difficult to predict unless the breeder really knows their line. Rily's breeder said he would be around 5 pounds. I remember asking on here right after I joined and most of the responses I received were around 6 pounds. His adult weight runs around 10-11 pounds. A vet in NC told me to triple the 12 week weight and that is pretty much what he did. I have three dogs and all three grew at different rates. I have seen litter mates mature to very different weights.
Oh wow! I thought I bought our toy poodle from a home, I mean, we went to a home of a notary. They showed me the poodles parent's paper work. But I don't know...they sold her as a teacup, which here in Mexico it's very common to advertise teacup French poodle because people understand that as a toy poodle. Don't be upset, this is another country and people think differently than they do up there. She's definitely a toy, but not a teacup. I had no idea there were problems with teacups before I brought her home. She's a good hardy dog, fine boned, a little on the long side, but a lot of poodles here are. That's why I told the breeder I bought my yorkie specifically that I did NOT want a doxie sized dog.

That would be a little bit of a shock if you were buying from a breeder who was suppose to know and ended up with a much larger dog.
pookybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!