View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:08 AM   #12
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I think you are amazing in the care of your new yorkie, and I think you make a great dad.

I also think you thought you had all bases covered, with the coat, the heating pad, the bed to keep him warm out side. BUT (sorry ...there is often a "but" ) I hope you will rethink that part.

For one, as many already have told you, yorkies are often stollen. If he was stollen the persons taking him would not give him the care you have, that would be heartbreaking and could mean his death. I do understand you and your friends were watching over him... but thieves are very fast and crafty!!

Second, I know the breed has come from a very colder climate.. but the little guy you have is from many many generations that have been breed her and I do think the ability to deal with the cold has been bread out. Yorkies are known to be very cold, and often the clothing that is put on yorkies is for warmth more then being "cute".

I think the people could have stated how they felt, they should not have yelled at you. I sure hope you rethink leaving him outside.. and keep emjoying and loving your little guy. Yorkies are very special and once you have been bitten by the yorkie bug there is no going back.
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!