View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Hi, congratulations, and thank you for giving Joy Boy a true forever home. He has enough problems without having to be passed around from home to home. He sounds like a great little guy and a lot of fun to be with. I can see you are trying to give Joy Boy what he needs and wants...to provide him with love, happiness, and adventure, and I am certain he knows you truly love and care about him.

Personally, and I know some places are safer than others, but I would not leave a Yorkie tied up outside anywhere or at any time....not in the heat and not in the cold. To me, they are just not an 'outside dog' since they have vulnerabilities due to their size and structure alone plus their current breed popularity...and certainly not with health issues. I doubt I would leave a large breed dog tied up outside a business as well...it's just not a risk I'd be willing to take with any of my babies.

I also would not remove a dog like they did, nor would I ever scream at you for the choice you made...right, wrong or indifferent...like they did, with you knowing Joy Boy as you do. If I felt your Yorkie needed assistance due to the cold and/or being left alone, I might have provided him a warm jacket, even if, still tied up, I cuddled and warmed him inside my own, staying with him until you returned. I might have gone inside to notify you that perhaps your Yorkie needed you and offered to care for him until you were able to take over his care, or maybe I would have just stayed with Joy Boy, protecting him even if he did not actually need it.

I am not agreeing with your decision or saying your actions were incorrect but I feel what they did in response was very incorrect, regardless of how well intentioned they might have been. We may make 'mistakes' from time to time, by our own reasoning, and 'bad choices' based on what others think they would do in our situation, but if we feel that a 'mistake' or 'bad choice' has been made, helping to correct it...to me...is preferable to 'playing judge, jury and executioner' which...to me...is completely wrong, inconsiderate, rude, and absolutely not an option.

I hope you and Joy Boy enjoy many years of love and happiness together. {{{Hugs}}}

Last edited by navillusc; 02-09-2013 at 10:31 PM.
navillusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!