View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
msyorktown
♥Love My 3 Furrbutts♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde_Dexter View Post
First off, I wanted to say that you're are a very wonderful person taking on a dog with so many medical conditions and zero training. It takes a special kind of person to open their home up to a rescue dog with that amount of issues. I'm glad that Joy Boy found himself with such a loving guardian and that he has found a forever home.

Having said all of that, I am going to be honest with you. Joy Boy probably should not be left outside in the winter OR any other weather. There are people out there that could easily steal your dog. All it takes is unhooking your dogs leash and running/driving away and you might not ever find Joy Boy again. Another animal could easily come along and attack Joy Boy and before you could get outside to help him it would be to late. Also, the cold might be affecting him more than you think. If he is always shaking you might not be able to tell if it is from the cold or not. Joy Boy is also losing weight and would have a harder time keeping himself warm. Yorkie's (as you probably know) have hair not fur, which would also be another factor making it hard for Joy Boy to keep warm. All in all, I think there are just to many risks involved with leaving your dog tied up outside.

I know you may not ever want to leave your dog, but sometimes it is safer for them to be at home than tied up outside while you're inside somewhere. Those people probably over reacted, but like you, they just had the best interest of the dog in mind.

So ... having said all that ... I would never leave my Yorkshire terrier tied up outside for a multitude of reasons no matter what the weather.
I agree! There are too many people that would love a cute dog, dog friendly city or not, there is no way I would leave my yorkie tied outside no matter the weather.

https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPawzGroomingSpa http://jlevy.scentsy.ca
msyorktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!