View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
LoveMiley
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hello everyone! Just thought I should post am update. Miley, my mom, and I spent 3 days at the vet getting IV fluids for her. We were told to keep food away from her for the first 24 hours to let the pancreas rest.

I fee so luckily and blessed that her pancreatitis was caught so early. The major concern we had was that she would throw up bile every morning and was having a difficult time keeping down her Natural Balance kibble. She never had diarrhea but it was scary enough for us. Thankfully, my girl has made improvement.

The Hills I/D food didn't work for Miley at all. Last week, we requested an allergy test for my girl and the results arrived day and it showed she was allergic to 4 different ingredients in that food. This caused her allergies to flare up and for her not to digest the food properly. My mom caught this problem and ran out to the nearest pet store to find a low fat food that she could tolerate. The vet recommended a fish diet so my mom stayed with the Natural balance brand except she bought the fish formula (this food is amazing)!

My advice to all owners is that if your sweet pet is showing any symptoms that keep reoccurring, please do not hesitate to take them to the vet for testing. My mom and my persistence with the vet really helped us get to the bottom of Miley's condition and I know it is what kept it controlled. Make sure you know exactly what they are doing with your pet and what food's they recommend because they are all factors in their recovery.

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and thoughts.
LoveMiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!