View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
My lil friend
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I am not a trainer and hopfully a member that is will be able to help more. However I do know that it is not unusual for a rescue to have food/toy agressions. If it were me,,I would make sure that each baby had their treat/bone or dinner in separate ends of the room,with me in the middle. He may be used to having to get all he can while he can and she is not used to having to protect her food. We have 5 dogs ranging in age 13yrs to 2yrs. I have one male that thinks he should finish his food and go help others. If it is the oldest,she will go after him,just for looking at her bowl. If it is the baby she just gives a low growl,letting me know what he is up to. I or someone else is always present when food is given. When treats are given,I sometimes have to put the male in the expen that stays up in my kitchen,just so he and everyone else can enjoy their treat in peace. Im sure that there are some training techniques that you can use and hopfully someone that does more training will come along soon.
My lil friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!