View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 09:49 PM   #5
Junebug
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie
Good resources to know about. So I take it you can't just hold your Yorkie in your lap the whole time? Anyone taken a Yorkie on a plane?
I flew down to Los Angeles to adopt Otis, just a tiny little pup at the time, and we flew back to San Francisco together! I had a Kate Spade soft carrier (there's a pix of it in the thread "Yorkie in a Bag") and the flight attendant made me stick him in there, under the seat in front of me.

Well, right before take-off, I took him out and hid him in my jacket. No one saw. I could not imagine leaving him under the seat during a loud and scary take-off!!

The airplane ride back is one precious moment I will never forget. Otis and I had only known each other for about 20 minutes, but the entire airplane ride back to SFO, he was looking up at me with his chin on my chest, still hiding in my jacket. He did not make a peep, and he was sooo still, and his eyes never left my face! It was bonding time.

When we landed, the lady next to me FINALLY saw Otis in my jacket and said, "Whoa...you had him there the whole time??"
Junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!