View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Goodness, use it how you want! Amend and tweak it and or go completely another way - it's just something that works for me because I want a dog not to dart out and run off when the door is opened. And when one does escape, you call it to you or tell it to "stop", smile a little to the dog can see you are not mad(he could run again if he thinks you are) and go get it, and even if it kills you dead, do not say bad things to the dog or grumble or act mad. Just control that impulse! Just pick him up, patiently bring him back and when he's back inside, treat the little devil and smile that your baby is home and safe and keep training again with a smile, once you've beat your head against the wall a few times and have had a few hours to get the blood pressure back to normal and half a tranquilizer or a glass of wine or chocolate! He's a dog and dogs do doggie things at the worst times and that's why we patiently train and train and train - to stop the unwanted doggie things that can get dogs killed or lost!

But all kinds of techniques work for different people with different dogs so whatever works is what to use in training your dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!