View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #12
jakeepaper
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz
My Mom's Yorkie Angel is having puppies right now. She is expecting 3. The first one is born and the belly is distended and blue. There is some blood coming from its mouth. The little female is making gaging sounds though when suctioned nothing is coming out. The mother (though not her first litter and did wonderful the first time) had the head in its mouth and my Mom had to pry the pup from her. She chewed the cord and cleaned the puppy up nicely but now things are going bad fast. Please help if you can. I'm afraid it is hopeless but don't want to take the chance that there is something that could have been done.
Is the puppy breathing? If yes, dry her and warm her up...make sure to stabilize her before you run to the vet. If you run to the vet before she is stabilized, there is no way she could survive. This could be placental blood or maternal blood. The bleeding is less important than the breathing status. Just like people, airway, breathing circulation....then we can deal with the bleeding! I am a breeder. How much does she weigh?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!