View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Not to me...but an elderly (70's...same age as my Mom was...lol) friend of mine used to have that problem with a Maine Coon kitty.

I forget if it was the vet or her doctor who said it was the saliva, but at a certain point, she suddenly had to be really careful with kitty since it just started happening one day where it was not a problem before. Also, kitty was found to have medical issues, including a 'fused spine' all of which were responsible for kitty being helped to Rainbow Bridge within about a year of the issue first developing.

Personally, I have wondered since I heard of this if there was not a little more to it...maybe a nutritional and/or age-related deficiency as she aged, and/or in combination with a bacterium/micro-organism. etc., the kitty contracted, or since the kitty not long afterward would start 'attacking' her suddenly after being his usual sweet, loving self, I wondered if something more was wrong with kitty. The Vet called it "Rage" and said it is more common in dogs but it does happen to cats where they suddenly just start acting like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

I hope this is a fluke and that you are all right soon...hives are awful...I have had them...but maybe you are allergic to something he had in his mouth before playing with you. {{{Hugs}}}
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!