View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahum115 View Post
Almost 2 months ago my dog had a seizure 30 minutes after he took 1 lick of any poison. We called an emergency vet and they said ant poison can't harm dogs but he had a seizure right after that. Was it just a coincidence and what are common reasons for seizures in dogs?
Info about the ant poison, Amdro.....I had just put Amdro on fire ant beds in my front yard, not the back yard where my babies run and play. I went back out to the front yard a couple hours later to find the neighbors MinPin standing on top of an ant bed, eating that Amdro like it was candy! I yelled to my neighbor who caught the dog, then I called an ER vet, who told me Amdro would not hurt the dog! I absolutely did NOT believe that and I called the number on the bag of Amdro...they took down several numbers that were on the bag, and after a short "hold" time, he came back on and said the dog would be OK...Amdro will not hurt the dog! So I dont know! I do not put it/use it where any of my dogs can get into it, just to be safe! As for the causes of seizures in dogs, there are many reasons. Did you take the pup to the vet for any kind of work up following the seizure....lab work, neuro exam, etc.?
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!