View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #8
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by normarae63 View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever found one of the quick finder nail clippers that TRULY work? Tuffy has always been my " hard to trim the nails" pup & I'm giving up using the electric sander because I just can't get him used to the noise. It's gotten to the point of using a soft muzzle on him & I HATE IT! I think our main problem is I get nervous of hitting the quick & I swear he senses it. I'd like to go back to trimming his nails myself instead of having the vet do it.
Ok, as many of you know, I can't/won't cut Hueys nails myself, so that is the only thing for which I regularly take him to a groomer. I did buy an inexpensive set of regular clippers (<$10) that have this little quick guard flap on them and my husband is able to easily cut Hueys nails with them without injury. He wouldnt even try before, but he likes these clippers. (He still wont cut them except on a rare occasion, so we still go to the groomer...)
Pet Supplies - Pet Products - Pet Food | Petco.com

If the nails are very long, you might have to go over them twice since it cuts pretty thin slivers, but it is impossible to get into the quick if you use these with the guard engaged. You can also flip the guard around and cut without, but then you run the risk of cutting into the quick.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!