Thread: New to YT!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #11
NamelessAria
Yorkie Talker

Thanks everyone for all the feedback so far! It is definitely reassuring to know that a dog will be okay left at home some during the day while I'm working or whatever and that training is possible even for a total beginner.

Someone in the thread asked if I have considered other small breed dogs and I will say that I have definitely wondered how it is possible to be sure which breed will end up being the best suited to the person. My fiance wants to get a Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie mix) but it seemed to me when I was looking into it that reputable breeders don't really cross-breed for designer dogs and I don't want to get a dog from a less than trustworthy breeder. My sister-in-law has a little Maltese named Lexi that is just the cutest thing ever and totally a lap dog. I absolutely love Lexi (except the vindictive streak in her personality where she gets mad at you for grooming her or something and then proceeds to go pee on whatever you love most like your bed or favorite shoes). I want a cuddly lap dog and my fiance wants a dog that loves to play. Most of the breeders I've talked to seem to think that whether or not a dog wants to cuddle or play depends mostly on the individual personality rather than the breed but I don't know. Some of smaller dogs I just really don't like; such as chihuahuas. Maybe I've brought into bad stereotypes but Chihuahuas have always been a very hyper, yappy dog in my mind... and they just aren't that cute. I love puffballs. From what I've heard about Yorkies they like to play but also can be happy napping on your lap, they're very intelligent and they want to make their human happy. Which sounds awesome in theory. However since you all have more experience (obviously!) with the breed if I'm thinking about this the wrong way I would definitely love to be corrected. I really want to end up with a good match for me and my fiance so we're happy and the dog is also!
NamelessAria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!