Thread: New to YT!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
amazingyorkie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Our amazing Yorkie

I too am new to the site, and find it interesting! My husband and I are delighted to have a rescue Yorkie that is 2yrs old. It has been a pleasure to see our little girl blossom over this past 10mo. She was not for the inexperienced dog owner, as we had some major issues to help her overcome. She didn't have a clue what a collar and leash were for, and had to treat her like we did with our new puppies in the housebreaking department, and also getting used to her crate. She has done so well in all areas, and and we are well on our way to a loving and well adjusted little dog that loves to go bye bye, and has discovered the joys of squeaky toys. When we say it's time to go nite nite, she bounches like a little ball into her crate and sleeps thru the night. She was our first rescue dog, and we have so much enjoyed this experience with our little Gigi girl! So new dog owners, definitely go to puppy class, (petsmart has a fun one) you will both enjoy it, and crate training is a great tool in housebreaking and providing security with your new family member!
amazingyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!