View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganow View Post
Not sure what food you switched to recently, but do you think maybe he isn't handling/processing the food as well as he should? Maybe go back to what he was fed before to see what happens? Of course there may be no connection to the food too. Just a thought.

BTW, we are praying for Columbo!!!
Yes, I think he is probably not handling the higher protein well. However, which came first, the chicken or the egg? or in this case, did the food cause the issue or did he already have a slight issue and the food amplified it. Before the test results, the vet had recommended he go on a senior food with a mid-20s % protein. Current food (for past 4 months) is 36% protein and grain free. We haven't changed it yet because after getting his test results back, the vet said to hold off until after his current round of tests. I am anxious to get him off it, though. Higher protein foods are all rated so high, you think you are doing the best for your dog by getting him the best. Then when he started having the pee problem, I did more research and I come up with all these people whose dogs have had all kinds of serious problems after switching to high protein grain-free.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!