View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
MyLittleLooster
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboy View Post
It has been a very long time since I have been on here.

We just found out our Nakisha has Proto Liver Shunt. So heart breaking, I am sorry what you are going though but I know how you fill. She is on the meds that some one told you about, and the L/H diet. Some days are good but most are not. Plus her blood sugar keeps dropping, So honey in water plus has to have sugar water 3 times a day.
There are days where she can't even go up and down the steps or get on or off the couch. She looks so sad. The treats are the hardest thing. Good Luck with your little one
I'm so sorry to hear that Nakisha has a liver shunt! Do you know yet if it's extrahepatic or intrahepatic? Have you considered the surgery? How old is she?

I haven't considered the L/H diet, since Louie has been doing fine on K/d. I have noticed, though, that he has been barking a lot more than usual. He barks at my mom the whole time she's walking him outside, and he barely lets us put his leash on his harness anymore. He has to sleep with his harness on! He's really out of control.

I'm sorry that Nakisha isn't as active as she used to be. I definitely know it's extremely heart breaking to see your baby girl just laying around. I also know how devastating it is to feel helpless in the whole situation :c I hated it when Louie was having diarrhea and couldn't walk up the steps to get inside.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!