View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Default OMG, Columbo got his senior tests results

I'm so worried. Columbo got his senior test results back. I switched his food to a grain free about 4 months ago. He has lost a pound and now weighs 7.2, which the vet agrees is the perfect weight for him. A couple weeks ago, he started having to pee urgently for a couple hours after his meal. I thought maybe it was the food. All looked good at his exam. The vet called today and said his urine concentration was down. His albumin was low: 2.2. Normal level is 2.7-4.4. Also his blood calcium is low: 7.6. Normal is 8.9-11.4. He said something I didn't understand about it being bound to protein, so it is adjusted to 8.9, but even though that is the low end of normal, he is still not happy with that. He said his thyroid is normal, there is no evidence of infection or inflammation and his globulin is normal: 2.8. Because he is a yorkie and knowing they can have liver issues, he is doing a bile acid test and a serum calcium test tomorrow. He wants to check his liver function. I am so worried. Columbo is 9 and other than his recent knee surgies, has never been sick. My husband warned me to stay off the internet, but of course I didn't and now I'm even more scared. All kinds of scary diagnosis come up including liver shunt. I don't think I'll have a quick answer, because I think the vet said they send the test to Michigan State. Is it possible that it could be something not that bad? I was afraid to ask the vet if he suspects something specific. Maybe I should have because I'm worrying more now. I guess I know he can't really say for sure until he has more tests, so that's why I didn't ask. Please pray there isn't anything seriously wrong with my boy.

Last edited by bobohyde; 02-06-2013 at 03:27 PM.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!