View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Dogs frequently mask even severe pain due to their genetic hereitage and canine ways. She could be hurting so I think I would give a couple of doses, one after the other per the instructions your vet gave, to see if she does better. That alone could be diagnostic - to see if the pain Rx. helps her in any way and that could give you an idea if it is pain. Otherwise, you might get her joint x-rays to see if she's got early joint problems - deformity, spur formation or lipping, etc.. It could be her back or neck discs, tumor pain, any number of issues but she is definitely telling you that she's not right. I suspect she might be hurting and like another suggested, I would get blood and urine panels to see if anything is too low/high. But I would give her the pain Rx as she sounds uncomfortable and I know you want her out of any pain, whether you know its etiology or not right now. People are often treated with pain medicine to keep them comfortable while tests are being done or the doctor is trying to figure out what is wrong.

Last edited by yorkietalkjilly; 02-04-2013 at 05:27 PM.
yorkietalkjilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!